WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!
Water, water, and more water! I know many of you are actually thinking “wine, wine, and more wine…”, but I can’t stress this enough, water is your best friend!
We all know of the standard 8-glasses a day rule, which is a great place to start! However, we are all different shapes and sizes and require different amounts of water. If you are looking for a more personalized number all you have to do is the following calculation:
Your weight (lbs) ÷ 2 = oz. water per day
Keep in mind, if you are working out, going for a long walk or run, or it is a hot day and find yourself a little sweatier than usual, you will need to increase your water intake even more.
If you aren’t a big fan of plain water, there are so many different ways to make your H2O a little tastier. You can infuse your water by adding things like cucumber, mint, thyme, lemon, ginger, strawberries – the options are endless!
At this point you may be wondering, “I get it…I am supposed to drink lots of water, but why? What’s the big deal?”
Well here it is, the Top 10 Health Benefits of Drinking Water!
1. Maintain weight. Water is a natural appetite suppressant and, if consumed before a meal, can reduce your overall calorie intake. It’s also the original zero-calorie diet drink.
2. You’ll glow. Water is known to cure dry, itchy skin as well as increase the skin’s overall elasticity, leaving you looking fresher and younger. Double up on your glow-goals with the Counter+ All Bright Vitamin C Serum!
3. Productivity. Staying hydrated helps keep you stay focused and alert, therefore, increasing productivity and overall concentration.
4. No more migraines. Headaches and back pains are primarily caused by dehydration. Drinking your recommended daily amount of water could drastically reduce these pains.
5. Get your pump on. Drinking water helps boost your energy and replace crucial electrolytes that have been lost through perspiration. As a result, you can progress to extend and intensify your workouts!
6. Smooth move. Water regulates your digestion by speeding up the metabolism, therefore, allowing you to have a daily bowel movement.
7. No more aches. Hydration helps with pains like cramping and arthritis. It lubricates joints and can even prevent muscle sprains.
8. Eight glasses a day, keeps the doctor away. Water improves your immune system. With a little lemon, it can also help prevent respiratory disease, intestinal issues as well as heart attacks.
9. Reboot. Water helps to relieve fatigue by flushing out toxins and preventing the rest of your organs from overworking themselves.
10. Bye-bye, cancer. Drinking the daily recommended amount of water is thought to help reduce the risk of bladder and colon cancer by diluting cancer-causing agents in urine.
There you have it! Of course, there are hundreds of other health benefits of drinking water. Nonetheless, it is evident our friend H2O is there to support us, protect us, and make sure we are the best we can possibly be – just like your actual BFF!
So, after all that, show your liquid BFF some support in return, and go top-up your water bottle!
Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your writing style is awesome, keep it
My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your
post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write with regards to here.
Again, awesome website!